Sunday, April 15, 2012

HUGE picture post/recap!

This is probably going to be a bit of a choppy post, but that's fine. It will have a lot of pictures, and that is all that really matters, right?

It was always a tradition growing up that on Valentines Day, we would have a little present waiting for us on the kitchen table when we woke up that morning. I'm a very traditional based person, so of course our boys got a little something something. Jackson opened up his new Mickey Mouse book, and then proceeded to help Jordan figure out his newtoy.


Don't mind the Christmas wrapping paper...

A few weeks ago, I took the boys to Utah for a little visit at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'll be honest, I felt like a rockstar. Drove with both boys by myself, and only had to stop once for a quick diaper change on the boys. It was definitely nice to know that we can drive to Utah on our own, and make it in one piece. Makes living in Denver a LITTLE BIT more bearable.

First stop - Kelly Clarkson concert, row 1, seat 1. It was the BEST concert I've been to by far. Trenton has a way of going above and beyond when it comes to some things. This time for my birthday, I didn't complain at all when he went overboard and got me tickets! I went with my sister Julie-Ann, and we had an amazing time. We got the fancy front row wristbands, did the whole jumping and screaming thing. Its was SO much fun! I'm a front row girl from now on.



Can we say hello Kelly...

Little blurry because we were having camera issues part of the time...but that's fine.

Second stop - Bowling. I was a little worried that Jackson might be a little hard to control with so many shinny balls to grab at, but both boys were a dream. They both just sat and watched the entire time while my Mom and I bowled. Jackson would throw in an occasional comment of, "You missed it!" whenever we left a few pins standing...



Third stop - Uncle Jacob. My little brother got home from his mission a few months ago, and Jackson absolutely loves him. The entire time Jacob was home for the weekend from college, Jackson was glued to his side. During sacrament meeting, he would take turns between calling out for Grandpa on the stand, or for "Japob" sitting on the row in front of us.


Forth stop - Cousins. Jackson is finally getting old enough that he thinks his cousins are the coolest thing ever. He would hold Zoey's hand and just follow her around. Or he would walk up and give Isaac a side hug. Or he would sit and play legos with Heidi, of whom he has surpassed in height. Every time they left, Jackson would break down into tears and cry to hold their hands. Jordan was a little jealous that Annie, who is one week older than him, who could sit up on her own, while he still has to have a bit of security placed on each side of him.





Jordan discovered the swing in Utah, and loved it. Jackson on the other hand, discovered Grandma's sewing machine, which he also loved.




Trenton's younger sister, Beth, is staying with us for a little while, and she insisted we color eggs for Easter. So...Jackson and Jordan got a little taste of the holiday. Jordan was content as long as he had the wax crayon in his little fist. Jackson just wanted to keep eating the candy from his Easter basket, but he finally started to get the hang of things by the end of the night.






And then of course, you have the boys new Easter outfits. Can't get enough of these two.


Trenton and I go out on a date about once every blue moon. But this last time was quite entertaining. I had a roommate in college that always raved about how good The Happy Sumo was. So...we decided to be adventurous. Bad idea! Let's just say we found out the hard way that we are NOT sushi people! On the plus side, we went and saw The Hunger Games. Even better the second time around!


The boys and I go on a lot of walks to try and stall until nap time. Poor Jordan rarely makes it back home!



Whenever I go upstairs to do anything, I come back down to Jackson trying to be as close to Jordan as possible. They're best friends so far!


I'm determined to have athletic boys, and we're off to a great start so far!

We've had a pretty good winter/spring so far, but we are definitely looking forward to this summer. Beginning of May we are going to Arizona to visit Trenton's family. In June we're going to head back to Utah to spend some time with my sister and her little family at my parent's place, and hopefully go to a good friend's baby blessing. And then in July and August, we're off to Hawaii! So there's not too much complaining on our end of things...

2 comments:

  1. WOAH! Go you for driving with two kids from Denver to Utah! I can't even imagine how big your kiddos are these days. Time sure flew pretty fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like life is great! Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete